Sunday, November 14, 2010

Panasonic AC Servo Motors

These are AC servo motors that I'm planning to use in my milling machine upgrade. These are Panasonic units with a model number: MSM022A2UE. I couldn't find exact datasheet for these  units but the nearest one will have to do. The power rating is 200W and the encoders give 2500ppr.

I purchased these motors without knowing that these motors are not providing regular hall-feedback for the amplifier. The three hall signals (A,B,C) are encoded to a two wire output. Because my servo amplifier needs three hall signals for working properly I decided to take a closer look at the encoder.

I traced the encoder signal "R" (=encoded hall signal) to one microchip. I attached my old oscilloscope to different pins on the chip and rotated the motor shaft to see whats happening inside the circuitry. I found three pins that were giving promising outputs at 5v voltage level.

I connected the three motor wires together with three 10kohm resistors and attached one channel of oscilloscope to motor terminal A with respect to the "Wye" neutral. I started to turn the motor shaft with external power source (cordless drill) and used the second oscilloscope probe to determine the hall signal that is in "phase" with the generated voltage from terminal A. Now I was able to measure the signals from the motor coils and find out the correct phasing for the three hall-signals.

After I was convinced that I got it all right I connected the motor to my servo amp and turned the power on. The motor started to turn just as it should, obviously I had found the correct phasing. The next job is to connect these amps/ motors with the Mesa Electronics 7I48 interface.

4 comments:

  1. Dears,

    I would like to know the price for:

    Panasonic Brushless motor
    model: mbmk042ble1
    input :132 v 2.7A
    rated output 0.4Kw
    freg:200hz
    Rated Speed 3000 r /min

    Pls send me an email:dandiens@yahoo.com.br

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dears,

    I would like to know the price for:

    Panasonic Brushless motor
    model: mbmk042ble1
    input :132 v 2.7A
    rated output 0.4Kw
    freg:200hz
    Rated Speed 3000 r /min

    Pls send me an email:younglim_91@hotmail.com

    Katz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I woult also the price for
    Panasonic Brushless motor
    model: mbmk042ble1
    input :132 v 2.7A
    rated output 0.4Kw
    freg:200hz
    Rated Speed 3000 r /min

    Rob Goeree

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,need help: i need for our cnc machine:

    Panasonic Brushless motor
    model: mbmk042ble1
    input :132 v 2.7A
    rated output 0.4Kw
    freg:200hz
    Rated Speed 3000 r /min

    Where can i get it?

    Please sent mail to: chris-dal@arcor.de

    ReplyDelete